The T&A sector is positioned as a cornerstone of the Tunisian industry and keeps a prominent place in the national economy while maintaining a strong contribution to the socio-economic balance of Tunisia. It is divided into six industries as follows :
- various industries (accessories…)
Thanks to multiple assets, these activities in Tunisia are increasingly competitive in the region and make the Tunisian site more favourable to foreign direct investment :
- Geographical proximity to Europe facilitating the just-in-time
- Good quality level consistent with the requirements of contractors;
- Short and respected delivery deadlines, high responsiveness to small series and to replenishment ;
- Competitive production costs ;
- Skilled human resources and confirmed know-how ;
- support and training facilities ;
- Modernization and computerization programme ;
- Compliance with social and environmental standards.
A Confirmed Know-how and short and respected Deadlines
Tunisian manufacturers are able to supply the European market (and sometimes the Gulf and North African countries) in a few days thanks to a favourable geographical proximity.
A number of Tunisian manufacturers are starting to specialize in certain niche markets that require know-how and high technical skills, such as high end underwear or high technology textile, which is used in the automotive and aviation industries for security or medical purposes