Who we are
Our website address is: https://carthagearts.com . you can reach us through these links too :
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Carthage Arts and Deals recognize the importance of privacy and confidentiality of personal information.
carthagearts.com is a business to consumer (or “B2C“) platform which connects and facilitates sales and purchases between business sellers and buyers.
If you are a registered member of the Platform, and either (a) you are from a place outside Tunisia you access and use the Platform from any of the Relevant Jurisdictions, you are contracting with carthagearts.com Tunisia E-Commerce Private Limited (incorporated in Tunis with Company Reg. No. VAT : 1626963/E/B/M/000 ).
A. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
The personal information that we collect broadly falls into the following categories:
Information That You Provide To Us:
If you are a Buyer, we will ask you to provide:
- contact information including: name; address; phone number; email address;
- purchase and/or payment information including: credit card or similar payment information that you intend to purchase with; billing and delivery address;
- information about your purchases including: the goods purchased and quantities;
- information about and/or to support complaints made in connection with the Platform or goods and/or services purchased via the Platform;
- ID (such as a passport) for identification verification in certain circumstances, when you apply for after-sales services.
If you are a Seller (i.e. an employee or representative of a company or a sole trader Seller, we will ask you to provide:
- information about the Seller’s business including corporate registration, business licences (if applicable), tax or similar information;
- details about the goods and products that the Seller intends to sell with us;
- purchase and/or payment information including bank account or other payment information that the Seller intends to be paid by the buyer.
Information That We Collect Automatically:
If you are a Buyer or Seller or prospective Buyer or Seller we will automatically collect:
- Copy of any correspondence with us, if you contact us for any reason such as our customer service department chat service, telephone or email.
- Details of transactions, including the types and specifications of the goods sold and purchased, pricing and delivery information, any dispute records, communications between Buyers and Sellers and any information disclosed in any discussion forum.
- Details of Platform buying and browsing activities, for these purposes we will automatically collect information from your device. Specifically this collected information may include IP addresses, device type, browser type, geographic location, browsing patterns and details of how you have interacted with our Platform and the goods and services available on it. In addition, we gather information about pages viewed, number of sessions and unique visitors. Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology. Where we are required by applicable law, we will seek your prior consent to the collection of information using cookies and similar tracking technologies.
Information That We Receive From Third Parties:
If you are a Buyer or Seller we may receive personal information about you from:
- Social media platforms if you choose to register for a Platform account via a social media account. Exactly what information we receive will depend on your privacy settings with the applicable platform, but would typically include basic public profile information such as:
- Your social media user name, nickname or username
- Your social media profile picture
- Company name (if applicable).
- Third parties that are engaged by us to provide verification services such as conducting suitable money laundering, fraud and “Know Your Customer” checks on Buyers and Sellers. This may include your name, email address, company details and contact information.
B. USE OF PERSONAL DATA
We collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- verifying Platform account registrations including conducting fraud, security, “Know Your Customer” and anti-money laundering checks in order to approve your Seller account;
- setting up / administering Buyer and Seller accounts, including providing log-in IDs and setting up payment / transaction accounts
- providing customer service support, responding to your queries, feedback and managing claims and/or disputes
- providing/supporting general Platform services, facilitating communication between Buyers and Sellers, processing transactions and payments, assessing advance withdrawal requests from Sellers and delivery services;
- supporting Buyer and/or Seller clearance declarations / applications
- providing relevant membership benefits including birthday rewards, membership offers and coupons, anniversary awards
- verifying your identity and purchases in connection with product warranty or other after-sales claims
- assessing and monitoring account security and transaction risks of Buyers and Sellers, detecting and preventing fraud, money laundering
- sending and serving tailored marketing and advertising that we believe will be of interest to you based on the ways in which you use the Platform, your browsing records, and your history of purchase
- conducting research and analytics to ensure the security of our Platform, to improve the content and layout of the Platform, and to improve our product offerings and services;
- Cookies or other similar technologies may be used to provide you with advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests
C. DISCLOSURE OR SHARING OF PERSONAL DATA
We disclose/share personal information with the following categories of recipients:
- Other Platform Buyers and/or Sellers where necessary to support purchases and communications made between you. If you are a Buyer, Sellers that you purchase from will also control, personal information about you relevant to connected with your Platform purchases and communications with them.
- our business partners where you have consented to receiving such information from them if required by applicable data protection laws;
- credit risk assessment providers to conduct risk assessment on Sellers to determine whether a Seller can be permitted to make an advance withdrawal
- logistics partners for providing delivery services for Buyers and Sellers, including return and exchange of products, and warehousing services for Sellers
- customs agents for customs clearances purposes where applicable to support Buyers and Sellers with international sales/purchases
- warranty service providers to provide product warranty services where requested by a Buyer or Seller;
- customer service support providers to provide after-sale services or other customer service support;
- risk control service providers to assess the security of Buyer and Seller accounts and transaction risks
We will retain your personal information for as long as we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so, to provide services or products to you, as required or permitted by applicable laws. When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it, or if this is not possible.
How long your data is kept for will also depend on how you use our website (for example if you are logged in as a member or you are visiting our website as a guest) and what the information you provide to us is used for.